Why Do People Like Obama?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Jun 9, 2010.

1. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Yes, but tell us what you really think.

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I know, I really should learn to not hold my feelings back so much.:D:D

3. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think your feelings are right on the button and you should wear them more often as should all others who agree with you. This man who is our president has done nothing to heal this nation. If anything he has done more then any other president to divide it along with the constant help and pushing from Madame Pelosi and Mr. Reid.

We know Mr. Reid is just about history but I wish Madame Pelosi would disappear along with her overuse of botox but her liberal support from her community will keep her around for a while till they find someone equally offensive.

Now as for the President if he really wants to heal the nation he has to listen to the people more then the liberal media and the liberals in his close knit advisors. They truly have done nothing but encouraged him to spend and spend without any resource on how to pay for all these expenses that they are developing every day for what they claim is better for this nation. If anything we are now the laughing stock of the world vs. the leaders of the world we used to be under any previous president no matter which party.

As for the question on removing the parties from the ballots, it would not work. Regrettably Americans have no clue who is running for any office since many are very highly uninformed. If they do not know the answers to silly questions as to who is buried in Grant's tomb, how do you expect them to know who is running for any office. When Americans become informed this country will change for the better, but that may not happen in our lifetimes.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's kind of my point.. if they don't know who it is they shouldn't, and hopefully won't vote in that race. People should only cast a vote for the candidates and races they know something about, for races that they don't know anything about they have no business voting in them...

If you've never heard of BilliJoeBob for congress why should you vote for him?... because he has the same party as you?... he may want to reinstate slavery and outlaw underwear for all you know... and you would blindly vote simply because of his current affiliation?.. that's the system today in the US.. and then we bitch and moan about the people who end up running things...

5. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't blame all of Islam for what really amounts to a warped minority. Of the millions of Muslums only the wacko extremists number in the thousands. These are the people that freaked out over the cartoons and who would stone a woman because she was raped.

Only history will tell if he was right or wrong. Hell I still thing that one day we'll find out that Iraq has WMDs hidden in some underground facility.

6. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    I am just, again, an average Joe so this needs to be said. During the Bush years of 2002-2007 the top 1% of Americans income growth was better than 10%. The other 90% of us had income growth of 1.3%, less than the rate of inflation over that period. The income gap was (is) the highest it had been since 1917. The theory was that the extra concentration of wealth would trickle down in the form of increased job growth and manufacturing. This did not happen and the rich just got richer. The financial collapse should have triggered a response providing some reconcilliation of this inequity. Instead, the Average Joe is once again bearing the brunt with job loss, reduced income and reduced benefits while the banks and the financial elite (i.e. Wall Street), those responsible for the collapse, are being bailed out. If you didn't know better you would think that Bush was still President. This is the reason that, though I voted for Obama, I no longer support him. Tons of money we don't have is being spent with no end in sight and cuts will come, as usual, to those who can least afford them. Bottom line, the Republicans participated in large part in creating the problem. The Democrats have done nothing but exacerbate it. Average Joe is screwed.

7. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed 100%, unfortunately all the information is at your fingertips but so clouded by the media right or left very few Americans take time to sort through both sides and make educated decisions. Instead they vote for who has the better haircut or who sounds better on camera. I know this is an exageration but with a flicker of truth. Just go to the polls next time and ask ppl who they are voting for and why.

Every American has the right to vote, not every American should vote...

*Edit to restate previous comment. Every American should vote but only after researching and knowing what each candidate represents.*

I believe before Obama's term has ended the government will spend us into bankruptcy.

Obama states he has saved jobs, per his words on the View (Seriously?) America was loosing an average of 750,000 jobs per month but in the last 5 months there has been a steady increase of jobs in the private sector. Ok so America was loosing 750,000 jobs per month in the private sector and now with all the government spending and bailouts (I believe in the range of half a Trillian Dollars) over the past 5 months there are approximately 600,000 new jobs in the private sector.

8. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

As a CPA I see the results of government policies more than most. I would have to agree with your assessment, but it does go back further than just Bush. Ever since Clinton was President I have seen those that make over $150,000 per year have their incomes and net after taxes go up, those between $75,000 and $150,000 stay about even, and those below $75,000 have their incomes go down, but their net stay the same. The Bush tax cuts were across the board and helped even the lowest on the income totem pole. Now that those cuts are expiring, everyone will see a tax increase.

The erosion of the middle class goes to our dependance on not just foreign oil, but all foreign goods and the end of manufacturing in the US. It is what I call the "Wal Mart Mentality" that says the hell with this country, all that matters is the bottom line. Those that are wealthier invested in the market and in those multi national companies that have thrived on cheap Chinese labor and no regulations. I'm not a fan of unions, but the blue collar worker lost his representation and also his job because it's cheaper in China. Sad, but we have done this to ourselves. As Pogo used to say, "We have met the enemy, and they are us."

9. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This definitely agree with. I think Canadian's are like this too.

I remember seeing interviews done with a bunch of women who stated that if a woman ran for president they would vote for her without even knowing what she stood for.

It's not often that I'm surprised but that surprised me.

10. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Are you trying to say that the super rich are running the country and the rest of us are getting played like puppets? That they divert our attention from what is really going on by manipulating the media to harp on issues that divide us and our attention while they steal us blind? That they use these issues to divide the country into "Democrats" and "Republicans" because they know if we ever woke up to the deceit and united that the elite might be brought down from their pedestals?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice