Getting bumped

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Nate and Alicia, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Nate and Alicia

Nate and Alicia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We arrive in 2 days with 3 other couples! I hope none of us get bumped to another resort. Has anyone been getting bumped lately I heard the resort has been pretty booked

2. afrazier5

afrazier5 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't understand how any hotel or resort can bump people around. Especially if you have pre-paid for the rooms, or do they only bump those who didn't pay in advance?

3. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back and from what we heard they over book by 30%. we did not get bumped but to make room they will offer guests that are there for the last 3 to 4 days an upgrade to Desire to make room so if you do get bumped its only for the first night usually and they make it up to you with a hot tub room or free nights. one couple we met there was bumped and they got a really great room.. and a few other treats. they didn't mind at all... lol

4. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    I wouldn't suggest that you start the rumor that if anyone get bumped or will be offered a free upgrade to Desire - Desire only has 112 rooms and they are almost always full. I do know for a fact that Desire is completely sold out as of now until the middle of June.

5. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry that is not what i said..I said they will ask current guests if they would like to move to desire for their last few days...to make rooms available for incoming guests. I have never heard of anyone being bumped to Desire on arrival day...
    sorry if i mislead anyone ..

6. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    My point was there are rarely any rooms at all available at Desire so it is highly unlikely that they will move anyone to Desire. In over 20 trips to Desire since 2003 we have never met a single couple there that was moved from BlueBay Getaway/Temptations.

7. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I understand your point. they are usually booked up but last year in February we were offered a move to desire for our last 3 day..they took 8 couples that is fact.. and this year because we were there for 2 weeks ask them on our first Saturday.that if they were looking for couples to move to desire we would be willing to move and "they said" that they had already filled the spaces they had for moving to Desire on Thursday and Friday.. and that if they needed any more the next week they would keep us on the list...

I don't think I was starting rumors or that I was saying that if someone gets bumped it will be to desire... I was just expressing what our experience was and a scenario of what could happen...I am sure that most of the info on this site comes from peoples experiences of being at these resorts and this is mine

8. gns

gns Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    We've been offered to move to Desire as well..

9. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    Hey, I never said this didn't and couldn't happen. But to assume that Desire will be the default of what is offered is just wrong - they(Original Resorts) react to the situation as it happens - how they resolve it is where they have space in any of their properties at that moment in time.

I was also replying somewhat to the point of the OP that started this thread saying that they where to arrive in two days , my original response pointed out that I know as a fact Desire is completely sold out from now until at least the middle of June so any bumps/transfers to Desire for the next couple of months is pretty doubtful !

10. gns

gns Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Don't jump on me, dude! I was just confering that we were offered the same deal once!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice