When will the rain stop???

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG!!!!! Where the heck did this rain come from and when is it gonna stop? My apt is completely flooded and I am getting light headed from cleaning it for the last 4 hours.

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    The swimming pool has joined the garden and Pok ta POk golf course looks like it has joined the Lagoon!

3. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have my own lagoon in the apt, and somehow my trash can is in the middle of the street...how the heck did it get under/over the fence??? What a disaster this is. Next apt will be on the second floor, or far from the street.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  4. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm still trying to figure out how to get home from work.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Water Vapor Loop:
    http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huwvloop.html

Looks like it will never, ever, ever stop, ever!

Our street is flooded. We've put in place some of our hurricane preps, in order to manage the water. It's a pain in the neck, but it also happens a few times a year here, so we have it wired.

The dogs loved going for a walk in the rain, they went crazy splashing in the puddles.

6. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG, your dogs need to have a pow wow with mine. He hears rain, and refuses to go out. He is whining so bad right now, cause he hasn't been out since there was a break 8 this morning. His poor lil bladder...gonna dig out my galoshes and carry him to any piece of grass I can find.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of ours had to be dragged out of the house, but then once he was out he was fine. And he peed for 5 minutes. The other one was just happy to get out no matter what, she made the reluctant one happy about the rain.

8. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'd like to get out, myself but, alas, it's still raining, and I've got nobody to walk me.

ToriB, the truck mounted machine gun and squad of "soldiers" is back. With seven of them in my stairwell, I finally had to ask what they were doing there. "Can you tell me the short version of what's happening," I asked one of them. He explained that they were conducting an investigation, gathering evidence- at my apt building, it seems.

They've been here for about seven hours, and showing no signs of leaving, yet.

The police investigator seems to be dressed in camouflage and soft military hat, whereas the rest of them are wearing military style helmets.

I suppose a police investigator could be a target for assassination. If that's the case, this military squad may be, in effect, his security team. (Just conjecture, on my part: I don't want appear too curious about what's happening, and ask more questions than they would welcome. Too many automatic weapons around to risk being too nosy.)

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Took some friends to the bus station via Yaxchillan this afternoon. The water was 3 feet deep in places, lots of abandoned cars and traffic mayhem. Good fun though, glad I bought a Jeep :)

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V - Any of those cops around your place wearing ID from SIEDO?

As long as we are complaining about the rain we might as well worry about the predictions for the upcoming hurricane season:
    Weather Blog : Weather Underground

Ouch! We may be in for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice