Gun Control???

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by B & B, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Teeth don't kill people.....Bears with teeth kill people....

2. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    My point is you quoted this article out of context. The knives are not being made to curb knife crime only. They are being introduced to make the household safer.

But let's play a game shall we. Let's go in reverse on your analogy. If it's safe to let everyone have guns, why not let them carry samurai swords? Machine guns? Why not armored tanks? Fighter jets? Cruise missiles? Nuclear warheads? The point is that there are reasonable limitations on almost anything. I happen to agree that with guns there are reasonable limits which you don't tend to agree with me on from what I can tell.

And no I don't subscribe to the thought that gun control = totalitarianism either. Most European countries and Canada (just off the top of my head) have thriving, effective, functioning democracies with varying levels of gun control laws in place. Freedom and liberty can be reached by differing roads.

3. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It didn't take too long for this train to leave the rails. At this point I bid you farewell as it is pretty doubtful that anything productive is forthcoming.

Not mad or offended, disappointed more than anything.:sofa:

4. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    I think it's just one of those topics lol.

Kind of like abortion... No one will ever be convinced to change their views but there is some deep seated reason you have to argue it!
    :bash:

5. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Knife crime hasn't increased due to criminals in the UK. Can't remember the last time something was on the news regarding a criminal using a knife. The increase has come from the gang culture thats rising. Apparently it's cool for youths to carry knives, over 80% of knife crime is youth related and not your regular criminal but I can understand what your saying

6. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Totally off topic , but once again, I wanted to pop and put some humor on this thread..... I received a text message this morning from a friend of mine that is still quite angry that the US passed the health care reform bill so the message went as follows

"The US Government today announced that it is changing its emblem from an Eagle to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the governments political stance...A CONDOM allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of dicks & gives you a sense of security while your actually being screwed !!! "

ok just thought id bring some fun humor....good morning everyone lol

7. Masada

Masada Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Wait, what? You're kidding right? Stabbing someone is a CRIME, do you honestly believe for one second that a STAB PROOF knife was invented because of accidental STABBINGS in the home? Let me remind you of the definition of STAB

"Stab connotes purposeful action, as by an assassin or murderer, but it is also possible to accidentally stab oneself or others, although such stabbings are rarely serious and still more rarely fatal."

The stab proof knife was invented because of the increase in knife violence and to think otherwise is foolish at best.

If a weapon can be used in a purely defensive manner, then it can be rightly owned. However, if a weapon is inherently aggressive, that is, can only be used aggressively, then it is prohibited by self-ownership. The factor used to determine the inherent aggressiveness or defensiveness of a weapon is “pinpointing”. If a weapon can be aimed, if its damage can be confined to the intended target, then it can be used purely defensively.

However, if the physical damage from a weapon can not be limited to its intended targets, and must necessarily spill over onto innocent parties, then such a weapon is verboten. All of the above weapons, except nukes, can be pinpointed and hence can be used in a purely defensive manner. They are not per se inherently aggressive weapons. Nukes, on the other hand, cannot be pinpointed and so cannot be used defensively; they are inherently aggressive weapons. Thus, gun ownership is legitimate, while nuke ownership is not.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    When guns were banned in Britain it didnt have much effect on anyone, as nobody had one anyway except a very small amount of hobbyists who used them at ranges and criminals. Criminals still have them.

It's a very wrong assumption to suggest the increase in knife crime is because people cant get guns.

9. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0

So I have been looking over your posts, you have basically posted in 3 or 4 different posts, "losers and their cameras", "sexy bikini" and this one, the majority of your posts are in losers and their camera's and this one.

I don't know how to say this politely without making reference to your personality.

You are an extremely negative person, prone to picking fights with complete strangers and anyone that doesn't agree with you is an idiot.

Oh, and your favourite expression:
    "Wait, are you kidding me", or "Wait are you f...ing kidding me" or variances of the same.

I reread some of losers and their camera's pages 7,8, 10 and 11 reveal some of your personality.

You personally insult Rob, and when he says "whatever man, I've been called worse before" and he moves on, you come right back quoting him with "I bet you have", and then proceed onto more insults.

You post some video, someone mentions that they can't make anyone out and you go on about "greasy gang bangers" and insult someone else.

You called me a troll for some of my viewpoints, but when I do "troll" or look up your previous posts, i find a person completely lacking in character with nothing good to say about anybody.

I don't get it, did someone piss in your cereal 2 months ago, or are you just this type of person that looks for fights and insults everyone with different viewpoints?

You can't even disagree politely with someone??

10. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    OMG, I'm so glad someone had the guts to say this. I've kept my mouth shut because I've pissed of enough people and have very little knowledge of my country etc pmsl.
    Well done B & B because Masada,sadly that is the way you come across. You seem unable to look at both sides of the story and your view has to be right. There's nothing wrong with having strong views but you make it uncomfortable for others to post. I think a lot of what you post is pure **** just to justify your point of view.
    I started commenting on this thread with a very anti-gun feeeling but I've mellowed after reading some of the heritage involved for some people. You really need to mellow out and see someone else's point of view for a change without attacking them xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice