Seen any good movies lately?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive seen it and it's a contender for Best Picture and Best Director. According to our son, who's been there, the picture sacrifices some accuracy to accentuate certain tensions in the plot, but it's a hell of a ride.

An interesting piece of background is that Kathryn Bigelow is James Cameron's former wife. The Chinese proverb that states revenge is a dish best eaten cold could come into play here :icon_cool:.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you to members of the Academy...for NOT voting for Avatar as Best Picture. Now I don't have to commit suicide.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're welcome (I can now reveal I voted for The Hurt Locker).

4. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wanted "Inglorious Basterds" or "District 9"... What to do... :(

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hurt locker trailer

For those who don't know whether they might like to see, "Hurt Locker", here's the trailer (this will also take you into the official Oscar site, which will allow you to see trailers of the other winners, as well).

Oscar.com - Video

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mixz1 - I figured that.

A friend tells me that she bought Hurt Locker on iTunes and watched it, so that's a choice. I imagine it will come to Cancun now that it's won for Best Picture.

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's also been available on DVD for quite some time (December '09, I think).

Amazon
    [ame=http://www.Amazon.com/Hurt-Locker-Jeremy-Renner/dp/B00275EGWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268063700&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Hurt Locker: Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie, Brian Geraghty, Ralph Fiennes, Guy Pearce, David Morse, Evangeline Lilly, Christian Camargo, Kathryn Bigelow: Movies & TV

And locally at MixUP
    Mixup Music Store Although at over 500 MXP you might want to wait for it to open in the theaters down here.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just saw Shutter Island. Liked it a lot. Liked it even though they gave Mark Ruffalo a very unattractive haircut (he deserves better). Liked it even though it starred Leonardo DiCaprio (is he learning to act or have I become numb?). I saw it with a picky friend, and she liked it too. Definitely recommended.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice