I wonder why

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by twinimini, May 12, 2008.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I know we all have heard that the pools at TTR have to close at 9 until 9 to be chemically treated. Makes sense but I have to question why. We were in Disney last month and stayed at Ft. Wilderness campground. The pool there is open 24/7. Now if I had to make a guess as to where there might more toxic pool water between TTR and Disney, well, you get the picture. So they don't have to chemically destroy all living organisms in Disney but they do at TTR. Doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if there is any way to get the policy changed or is this just a way to keep the guests from being a little bit over the top. What do you think?

2. hardrocktampa

hardrocktampa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    ME THINKS IT WOULD GET OUT OF HAND IF IT WERE OPEN 24/7.... I don't mind the noise etc.... i also like out of handedness, but i have read many that like the quiet so i guess they win on this one...... As a hot tub owner myself being overserved and pools can be dangerous late at night...

3. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its a bluff. The staff are in there cleaning them during those hours. It is to keep a lid on some crazy stuff. We have been in them after hours and they leave you alone for a while, its when you start having too much fun that they remind you of the rules.

4. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    yeah im going to guess its to keep the liability down for the overly drunk people and to keep from having too much wild and crazy things going on in there....then again, ive been asked to get out of the ocean too, what I never thought I would hear, but if you have to much fun in there , they ask you get out too..thought that was federally owned lol...

5. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    ed

i think its kinda like our pool here at Temptation north

damn think has taken a personality all its own and just needs a break from time to time

btw - what are you doing posting this time of year - figured you would be busy as all get out

good to see you on here

rob

6. kparnell

kparnell Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trust me, as someone who works in the pool business, them being closed to be treated and cleaned is a VERY GOOD thing. When pools get a lot of use, it is extremely hard on the filtering system, and the daily addition of chemicals is definately required. Also, when the chemicals are added, you have to give the water some time to fully absorb the chemicals, and allow them to do their work. I can't tell you how many times we were called to peoples houses because their water wasn't clear, and it was just due to them not properly maintaining and cleaning the pool.

Trust me, you don't want even a hint of algae or anything else in the water when you go in...and you don't want to know about all the other kinds of bacteria that can be in there if not properly maintained.

7. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have considered just ignoring them while in the ocean as it isn't theirs but when in Rome... I am just thankful they let you have a good time for a while before kicking you out to start a new adventure.

8. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Check out the date on my original post. It was made almost two years ago. And now back to my tax returns!:cry:

9. Ace1

Ace1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had a GREAT time in the pool during the middle of the night, security came by once. asked us to get out, we said ok...but never did. Amazing night!

10. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    tmac/kat and several others did the same thing - albiet not that late

will have to look into it this year

rob/t

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice