Omni ***** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. cornman33

cornman33 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can anybody speak to the spring break scene at this hotel?

2. Jessica3910

Jessica3910 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ive been at the hotel twice--acutally stayed there in 02 i think..and visited my mom in 06.... but it during easter week both times..(late highschool spring break). never college break. i was lookin around the internet and it says there is a handful of breakers there in march.

i saw very minimum spring breakers but the best part i would say is you are right next door to oasis. =) the bad thing though is there are little kids.

3. senorfeliz

senorfeliz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice place and good value. Not a party place or a kid place necessarily. Just a nice hotel with a good beach and nicxe rooms. I love eating breakfast on the beach, and that's something you just can't get many places in Cancun.

4. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Anyone know how easy it is to walk from here INTO the Oasis? On the other side it's tough to get in unless you walk through the Fiesta Amer. Condesa... but I figure if I stay here it'd be easy?

Nicky

5. CancunRedheadgirl

CancunRedheadgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Omni Cancun

Has anyone been to this resort lately that might be able to tell me about it?

Am thinking about heading there with my 18 year old son and a friend of his in June? Good or not so great place for these teens?

For example.. any activities at the pool that they would enjoy? Or is it a more quiet and reserved hotel? The trip is for my son's graduation and I want to make sure we have a great time.. my travel agent is offering an amazing deal.. yea.. one of those too good to be true prices.

I have been to Cancun several times.. this will be trip number 13 for me and number 2 for my son. We stayed at the Krystal last year.. not too bad of a hotel but none to exciting for things going on during the day. We like to have a good time and are not so quiet and reserved so I want to make sure that the boys have a good time and I dont have to entertain them.. HAHA

6. Durden

Durden Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'm curious about this too, as well as a few other things..

- can someone confirm that there is a Santander ATM at the Omni? i read that on Santander's site.

- does anyone know if there are ice machines at the Omni? i know there are no fridges in the room, so i'm planning on bringing a collapsible cooler and am wondering if there will be ice for it.

- does the Omni care if you bring in things (beer, gatorade, water, etc.) from outside the hotel?

7. senorfeliz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed here about three weeks ago. Fourth time.

While I did not do so this time, in the past I have always brought water with me. No one has ever complained about that. There are ice machines on every floor. I've never tried to bring in other drinks, but I doubt they'd bother you unless they were glass.

You can walk straight down the beach to the Oasis. No problem after the beach rejuvenation.

Sorry--don't know about the ATM, but here is a small shopping center and convenience store across the street. I'm sure there is an ATM close by if not on the premises.

8. Durden

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! Anything that stood/stands out to you (you keep going back :>), either positive or negative?

9. senorfeliz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As I said, this was my 4th time here, so I obviously like the hotel. It's not that it's extremely nice or anything--it just suits me very well. Not a party place, not really a family place, just a nice, quiet well-run hotel.

Let me give you an example of what I mean. Before this trip my last stay here was in June of 09. The other two were in the last 3 or 4 years.

On this trip, two of the waiters in the main restaurant called me by name when they saw me. One hugged my wife. Both of them remembered, without my saying a word, that I wanted bacon with my breakfast and brought me a small plate of it every morning (there isn't usually bacon on the breakfast buffet).

Now I'm going to be honest and admit I tip the hell out of these people. Still. though, that's pretty amazing to me. And the rest of the staff is pretty much the same way. If someone is surly or non-cooperative to you, it's shocking. Too many places it Cancun it has become the norm.

Another thing I like is that you can eat on the beach if you want. The have a restaurant on the beach--not above the beach or close to the beach, but actually on the beach. I don't know of another hotel in Cancun that has that.

One other thing: you can order off the menu or order room service, even if you're on an all-inclusive plan. That's pretty cool.

10. Durden

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sounds perfect!! i'm really looking forward to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice