Cablemas Scam?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by LTL, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cablemas is really, really, Cablemenos now.

Since I had left the country for a long time and my studio was empty, I suspended my service (package of 3). A few weeks ago, a new tenant was coming, so I needed the services. Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!! One week and many hours lost (and headaches).

Their phone was not working (881-0215), the machine takes the call, but any option you choose, it doesn't connect. I had to go to the office (fortunately Plaza Esmeralda is not far from here) several times.

They didn't show up, if they did they didn't complete the job etc... My tenants could at last get their internet connection 2 days after check-in, just before Christmas. Although I know very well the manager at Chichen (Roberto), he did nothing to help... and I think he doesn't care anymore.

At the end of their stay I called the 050 to see if there were some calls, I could talk to a guy, who hung up on me. The calls are NOT registered.

As for the bills, it is the same for all services (Telmex, CFE), you are supposed to pay on time, even if you don't receive it.

Good luck:aktion034:

2. hodamayo

hodamayo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If its TV you are looking for, just let me hook you up with American TV and pay for it via your Credit Card............No more worries

hodamayo@hotmail.com

3. Marlo-Renay

Marlo-Renay Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, what a great forum find! I was frustrated with Sky and had thought about moving to Cablemas. I went on their website and filled out the form where you tell them what service you're interested in, leave your info and then they contact you. Well, that doesn't work. I've never heard a word so I stayed with Sky. After reading this, I'm definitely not changing now.

I like Sky and think they're inexpensive. The cable always works. The guys were here on time and the hook up was painless. The monthly bills come on your t.v. screen...they send you a notice...but I have automatic payments on Visa so never worry about being late. Downside...I get charged for the box rental that I really don't think I agreed to in the world's smallest font contract. As well, my t.v. guide never seems to find my house but you can go to any Sky outlet (they're everywhere) and grab one for free.

Oh, Rivergirl, if it makes you feel any better, the Sky on-line billing systems also blew up and caught fire when I attemped to create an account. Oh well.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I pay my Cablemas with an autopay by credit card. I have never had a billing issue that I was not part of creating, by adding or deleting a service. I get a bill every month in advance of my credit card getting whacked. I also have a high speed internet service that is generally acceptable for my needs. We have had to complain about this but not recently.

There is one guy at the office on Chichen Itza who is great. Roberto. Maybe 30 or so, somewhere between thin and skinny, and whose English is excellent. He even approached me at church recently and called me by name. Go figure. I had never seen him there before. Spaeking of which, I better get moving as church starts in 30 minutes. Where did I leave my clothes last night? Jaja

5. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know Roberto very well. We are on first name/"tu"/kiss basis. TJ, I would say he is gaunt now.... and more and more. Always very nice, but not helpful at all when I got my issues. He stepped up the Cablemas ladder a bit.

I went to see him today when I returned my equipment, and PERHAPS I know why the service was so bad (he agreed with that). They suffered kind of Wilma at highest levels, so all the "edifice" shook. They are recovering now, and we should get the service we were used to, but they are short-staffed.

And be aware that if you pay online, they need a PROOF of the payment :icon_rolleyes:, so keep carefully the emails from the bank or your monthly statement.

6. meleshkk

meleshkk Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have cablemas for cable and internet in Playa and really have been quite pleased with the service. Rarely do I have any interruptions. One time, towards the beginning of service, all my cable channels were fuzzy - I called them and within 2 hours a guy came to my place and actually replaced all the line going from my apartment all the way to the main box on the street - perfect quality then. I was surprised how quickly the response was!

For payment - I believe they still do this, so if this is an option for anyone, it can save you some money - I pay for a year at a time and they give you one month free. So, you pay for either 11 months and get 12 months or you pay for 12 months and get 13 months (I can't remember which it was).

So, just wanted to post my positive experiences with Cablemas...

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The service in Playa must not be nearly as over-sold as it is here in Cancun. My internet has been so slow these past few weeks that I'm going to change it to the lowest package they offer next month, since I never get anywhere near the 1.5mb (or 2mb if your a new customer) that I'm currently paying for anyway. I really wish that Profeco or someone would get them to stop advertising such speeds when they know full well that their infrastructure is not going to be able to provide it in areas with high saturation, but the magic word "hasta" lets them get away with it. My average speed seems to be about 0.5mb and less, since they've oversold this area.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are a Telmex Infinitum subscriber you get the benefit of being able to use Infinitum Movil which provides wireless internet at numerous locations all over Mexico. You can login to the service with your main Infinitum login.

The service works at all Sanborn's stores and a whole slew of other locations (there are 53 locations just in Cancun). It also works in every airport I've been in here. Recently we flew between 4 different airports in Mexico and Infinitum Movil worked painlessly and easily in each one.

Supposedly the service also works outside Mexico in the Boingo network but I have not tried it out yet.

More info here:
    Conexión a internet inalámbrica infinitum Móvil Wifi, Telmex.

It's a very nice side benefit of being an Infinitum subscriber.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HOW ABOUT THIS:

My bill has recently gone, 2 or 3 stages, from like $1,220 per month to $1,457. I have made no changes to my account but some thing that used to be on the bill are not there, yet the service remains.

Other things are new on the bill that I have no clue what they are.

I just got the bill on Saturday and was trying to figure it out but am lost. I have high speed internet, 3 digital boxes, and a lot of stuff on the video side but I am puzzled by the fairly dramatic increase in charges.

The first one was only $30 and it was all on one of the list of things on my bill, not a huge deal and I just dealt with it. But yesterday's bill was a shock.

Has anyone else had a serious jump on your Cablemas bill or do I have to go down there and see what's up?

Thanks,

10. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately, this didn't work for me this past Tuesday when I spent half a day in Atlanta's airport. I asked around, but everyone was clueless. We just got the Telmex package in the middle of February, so not sure if that was part of the problem or what.

We were told in December, that our Cablemas bill would go up 30 pesos for a new fee/tax. However, in some bizarre twist, our bills have actually went down almost 80 pesos a month since the new year. We haven't changed anything either and I have no idea why it would all of a sudden be cheaper (especially after they told us it would be more expensive.) Of course, I've never bothered to bring it up with them :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice