Great Parnassus

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by GCPSgirl, Jun 9, 2007.

1. ruthbal

ruthbal Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

We stayed at Great Parnassus last April for 3 days. It is good value for money. I believe we paid $200 per night for 2 people. We had a Club Room (go for it since it is a better room) you have a big room, double jacuzzi in the balcony which is large and private with lagoon view, and fantastic private restaurant for breakfast. We also had a boat trip included in the lagoon which was fun seeing cancun from the lagoon.

Restaurants have good food for the money you pay $200 :) Make sure to visit the French restaurant, but you need to wear trousers - a bit smart so to speak. Spanish one is great too. Drinks are not authentic, in the sense that if you order Sambuca is not the real Sambuca, but something similar to it. But kind of you expect that with just $200 per night, isn't it?

Pools were a bit overcrowded since when we went there were a lot of people, but the beach was cool.

Recommended for the money you pay for, but of course don't expect a high class stay.

2. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone please confirm if there is shade on the beach? Hoping for lounge chairs and palapas but haven't found any pictures that show the beach well.

Thanks

3. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No shade on the beach that I can remember.

4. mcnabb3801

mcnabb3801 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone stayed there recently?

We are going in 7/2010

5. Eric_in_MO

Eric_in_MO Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is me too(couldn't remember the password). We ended up not going. My wife was kind of turned off of going to Cancun when she heard the beaches were nonexistant. We're planning a trip on our 10th anniversary. Just cant decide if we want to go on a cruise or fly to Cancun. I still like this Resort Hotel the most. I guess it depends on whether or not the beach is restored. Can someone please keep me updated.

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
  7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

the beaches are fully restored going out 600 feet up until the hotel of Great Parnassus which should be finished already. They are very quick!!! If you are going any later than next week, you should have nothing to worry about! They started at the dreams resort.... and are already probably past the Great Parnassus, so all hotels in between are finished.

It's definitely worth to go! theres no where better than here!

8. mcnabb3801

mcnabb3801 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anything and everything? :)

Hows the food? Staff? Rooms? Activities?

I will be traveling with my wife and 3 and 9 year old and we have booked a family suite

9. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Staff is great....we have known Carlos and Johnny for over 5 years now. The best!

Plenty of activities for the kids. You can join in on volleyball, water basketball, etc....

Food is pretty good for an AI. Not the best we've had, but not the worst either.

The suites were very nice when we were in them back in 07. Stayed in the regular rooms in 08.

For the money its a very nice option for families.

10. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Login | Facebook

the view from the rooms on the 12th floor r truly amazing
    Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook

12th floor room
    Login | Facebook

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice